Manhattan Field Guide
NYC is the greatest city in the world, and Manhattan is right at the heart of all we love about Gotham. After the most challenging 12 months in its history, this year will be the great awakening for the city that never sleeps. Wildsam Manhattan champions and celebrates what makes this place so special, so unique and so vibrant.
Interviews with a nail artist, journalist, pianist, congressman and more
- Expert picks for pizza, specialty shops and live theater
- A guide to spotting Manhattan’s most iconic architecture
- An illustrated map of Chinatown’s culinary and cultural offerings
- The ideal Manhattan walk for experiencing the city on foot.
- Where to find the best bagels and bialys
- Historical musings on the subway map, jazz clubs, NYC disasters and basketball teams past and present
- Stories from subway conductors, television pages, boiler repairmen, pastors, Broadway stagehands, chess teachers and more
- Original essays from Anna Peele and Nick Paumgarten
- Excerpted writings from Ralph Ellison and Nora Ephron
- Essential intel that opens up the city, from the Wildsam-curated record collection and reading list, to a deep-dive into neighborhood profiles and beloved businesses, to public parks and more.